Monday, September 17, 2012

Cleaning resumes...

It has been a year since I last posted. A lot has happened in the course of a year. We moved to a new state. A wonderful miracle arrived in August. We named him Nykko.

Even though we moved here with only a van of items, it has slowly crept up on me. With the addition of another child, more stuff has lurked its way into our home. Once again, it is time to declutter.

Now we get to move once again. Thank goodness it's only to the apartment downstairs. That still gives me ample opportunity to declutter. The apartment we are in is a 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom that is about 700 sq. feet. The new apartment is 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom that is about 1200 sq. feet. I am thankful that it has 4 built in bookshelves, a curio cabinet and a buffet with built in shelves in the wall. I am also happy there is a dishwasher and a washer/dryer. The cabinet space is twice what I have now.

I started in the boys room. I went through the boys clothing. All the summer clothing has been donated, with the exception of a few short sleeve shirts. They each have 1 clothes basket now including socks, underwear and pj's. They each have 3 pairs of shoes: a pair of slippers, a pair of sandals and a pair of sneakers. Their toys fit into a small laundry basket. They also have a shelf of puzzles/games and a shelf of books.

Next will be the kitchen. I have so many things in there that I really don't use.

Happy cleaning!

No comments: